BPM and Low-Code qualified, AGILE and PRINCE2 qualified Senior Platform Solutions Developer for Matssoft Ltd, who have developed MATS®; a proven, agile and highly configurable web-based solution that brings business processes to life by connecting workflow, service levels and multi-channel communications with real-time reporting/performance monitoring. This is managed achieved using a multi-faceted skill set that includes project management, web and print design, digital photography and digital/analogue video production.
- Project Managed and designed complete Re-brand rollout for National Building Control Organisation
- Designed and launched new business development portal for impartial business advice to small business owners and SME’s.
- Implemented new business systems and processes to increase Senior management reporting information on sales returns by over 65% within a 6-month period based on Open Source and MySQL technologies.
- Decreased administration burdens within one NDPB by 20% after assessing current workflow and initiating a streamlined management process for administering supplier applications.
Senior Platform Solutions Developer – Bedford, UK
June 2013 – Present
- BPM Process Management
- Low-Code software configuration management
- Process Improvement and Excellence
- SaaS , PaaS design, management and deployment
- PRINCE 2 Project Management
- Agile Project Management
- Blue Chip & Fortune 500 companies management
- Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop Certified
Design Consultant – Sharnbrook, Beds UK
Aug 2011 – June 2013
- Project managed, designed and developed content management solutions utilising the WordPress open source framework for local community and commercial projects.
- Worked with multi-national clients to re-brand and re-design entire group of companies and develop new dynamic website ad all marketing materials.
- Brand Management for national company
- Brand creation and project management of web development and marketing collateral for a national business exhibition
- Designed new interfaces for e-Commerce applications.
- Packaging design for a range of exclusive sensor controlled products, including dustbins and kitchen appliances.
- Designed large vinyl and free standing banners for national business marketing.
- Exhibition stand banners mounted on artboard.
- Previous design experience also includes advertising leaflets, flyers, marketing campaigns and vehicle livery design.
Director – The Ideas Hub ltd.
Oct 2010 – July 2011
- Project managed, designed and developed content management solutions utilising the WordPress open source framework for commercial building control organisation
- Designed and published advertising and marketing material for a software house.
- Re-branding of an e-commerce portal for home based products as well as re-designing packaging and marketing materials
- Designed large vinyl banners and free standing banners for national business marketing.
- Corporate brand creating for international construction company.
Director – Amanzi Media Ltd, Bedford, UK
Nov 2009 – Oct 2010
- Project managed, designed and developed content management solutions utilising the WordPress open source framework for commercial and local projects.
- Designed and published advertising and marketing brochures for a motor racing team.
- Re-branding of a South African Digital Printing company’s identity.
- Designed and developed social media based web platform for social marketing company.
- Print advertising for local estate agent.
- Corporate brand creating for international construction company.
Web Project Manager – Capita Children’s Services, Bedford, UK
July 2008 – November 2009
- Responsible for managing a multi-disciplinary project team of ASP .NET Developers, Business Analysts and System
- Testers on several concurrent Social Care and Children’s Services web development projects, within multiple locations.
- Implemented project management processes and procedures and matrix management style working in a new division recently acquired by the organisation. This included change management, formal staff management and task and work package allocation.
- Implemented a working Project Management matrix within one of the new divisions of the organisation, comprising of 10 .NET developers, 5 software testers, and 3 Business Analysts where no formal structures had existed previously introduced work packages and tasks based working structure, based on iterative working practices.
- Improved quality of delivery and productivity by approximately 25% within a two-month period due to improved project management structuring.
- Instigated new testing procedures ensuring higher qualitative software delivery, that had previously been delivered.
Intranet Project Manager – St Andrews Healthcare, Northampton, UK
May 2008 – July 2008
- Responsible for managing content migration of existing Intranet, based on SharePoint 2003 CMS to a new SharePoint 2007 (MOSS 2007) CMS deployment within a 3-month timeframe. Functional requirements gathering, project planning using an Agile methodology, under a PRINCE2 framework along with .Net development scheduling and key stakeholder training management formed a significant part of the role.
- Instigated an internal Intranet communications campaign with key content administrators and Communications Directorate to raise awareness and ensure take up and use of new Intranet platform.
- Managed the migration of the public folders from Exchange to SharePoint 2007 via iterative scheduling with key content Owners and Administrators.
Web Project Manager – Capita Business Services, Reading, UK
July 2007 – March 2008
- Successfully implemented an enterprise content management system and community learning platform feasibility study, involving 3 core technologies; Open Source, Proprietary, and Proprietary based on Open Standards. Managed the tendering process with 3rd party suppliers and one internal control team to develop 3 functional prototypes utilising the AGILE (DSDM) iterative development methodologies over 3 incremental development stages. Results were monitored by review panel.
- Managed bespoke implementation and deployment of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS 2007) for internal and external business usage utilising AGILE project management methodology within a PRINCE2 framework. This encompassed the integration of a bespoke version of Microsoft’s CRM platform and a Documentum repository that communicated via a BizTalk interface into a MOSS 2007 application to allow for publication of online resources catalogue.
- Managed business requirements analysis for a content preview facility within a MOSS 2007 environment. Feasibility study was completed 2 weeks early.
- Been responsible for development budget in excess of £600k.
- Risk management enabled via Risk Logs to be presented at Programme Board, and weekly meetings with Programme Manager and Senior Users.
- Contingency planning via timeboxed development cycles, reducing feature creep and over specifying requirements unnecessarily.
Systems Operations Project Manager – BECTA, Coventry, UK
April 2005 – March 2007
- Managed and monitored a £2.7m operational budget. Responsible for maintaining and updating the technical infrastructure of a large web-based educational content management system and its internal administration systems and staff.
- Created functional specifications for new CMS development work and in-house, web-based content and document management applications, all project work was managed to PRINCE2 methodologies.
- Supervised internal management team and multiple external development consultancies alongside external IT consultants.
- Liaised with and managed where necessary key stakeholders, suppliers, teachers and other Government partners as well as co-ordinating with the marketing and communications department on the ensuring that the portal was updated prior to a new press release or new campaign being released. Procured web service technologies through tenders, maintained web-hosting contracts.
- Reported and presented monthly reports on web usage, eLearning Credit sales and other relevant statistics to Stakeholders and project sponsors.
- Improved the new search mechanism and portal by designing and managing a new graphical user interface based on user testing and research.
- Increased eLC sales returns by registered retailers by 65% over the previous three years via targeted emailing and telephone follow-ups on a regular basis over a six-month period.
- Decreased the database footprint on the new portal by 80% after implementing open source architecture.
- Cut new application administration time by 20% after assessing current workflow and initiating a streamlined process and enhanced administration system for administering supplier applications.
- Responsible for development and rollout of new helpdesk intranet application.
Transition Project Manager – BECTA, Coventry, UK
Nov 2004 – April 2005
- Responsible for transitioning the Curriculum Online educational content management system from the Department for Education and Skills to BECTA within four months and within the £2.7m operational budget. Original estimates were 6 months and over £3m, respectively.
- Supervised two internal and three external reports after employing new contractors to fulfill key positions. Managed various 3rd party suppliers, service providers and consultants’ contracts. Novated existing DFES government contracts and oversaw risk analysis, client meetings and briefings, technical liaison between various suppliers and BECTA.
- Alleviated any political discrepancies that were present and ensured key personnel were communicating
- effectively after creating new staffing matrix, associated line management reporting responsibilities and online file collaboration where none existed previously.
- Transitioned the Curriculum Online program ahead of schedule by two months as well as sustaining Key Stakeholders confidence in the project.
- Ensured a clear and manageable workflow for all incoming enquiries after designing and implementing a new bespoke online helpdesk system, ticket system and VoIP phone system.
Assistant Technical Project Manager –
(BECTA) British Educational Communications and Technology Agency, Coventry, UK
Feb 2004 – Nov 2004
- Responsibilities included assisting project management and technical support teams with supporting and managing the various e-learning projects. Oversaw contract distribution, risk analysis, client meetings and briefings and technical liaison between various suppliers and the internal technical team.
- Project-managed offline web development projects and managed testing, feedback, supplier liaison, technical analysis and launch of post-16 e-learning materials on a regular basis.
- Amended and corrected technical documentation with regard to e-learning courseware specifications.
- Managed development of a JAVA based desktop application that eliminated the need to load learning objects directly into a Virtual Learning Environment by enabling the creation of a DVD-ROM that could be run directly from the disk and accessed via a local computer without any network or Internet access.
e-Learning Project Manager – Learning Resources International, Olney, UK
May 2001 – Dec 2003
- Responsibilities included project-managing bespoke Learning Management Systems, Virtual Learning Environments, Document Management Systems and blended learning and development solutions for local government, blue chip company and private sector clients such as London Borough of Newham, London Borough of Islington, Somerset County Council, Grenada Customs and Excise, DHL (Holland), Vodafone, Norwich Union, Edexcel and Scottish Enterprise.
- Supervised eight direct reports on average. Direct pitches and presentations to perspective clients based on requirements gathering workshops with the various departments such as; Learning and Development and Marketing and Communications.
- Enabled Vodafone to centralise the administration and distribution of all employee learning reference material by developing and launching a £150k national library management system.
- Managed and installed a bespoke document and knowledge management system for the Grenada Customs and Excise Department where no centralised administration and management systems previously existed.
- Provided London Borough of Newham employees with a network-based remit of courses they could complete alongside the established paper-based resources after designing the user interface and successfully integrating a new bespoke learning management system.
- Project-managed the development and implementation of a national broker training system for Norwich Union, which ensured that content was accessible to all via a web-based system.
- Decreased administration time by implementing a new bespoke internal learning and development management system, which consolidated Edexcel’s existing blended learning into a more coherent and manageable system.
Senior Graphic Designer – Learning Resources International, Olney, UK
Oct 2000 – April 2001
Graphic Designer – Learning Channel Campus, Johannesburg, South Africa
March 1998 – July 2000
Graphic Designer – Picturesque Photo, Johannesburg, South Africa
Oct 1996 – Feb 1998
Graphic Designer – Rosebank Graphics Bureau, Johannesburg, South Africa
Jan 1995 – Sept 1996
Video Editor – Double Exposure Productions, Johannesburg, South Africa
Oct 1992 – Jan 1995
Photo Finishing Technician – Rosebank Photo, Johannesburg, South Africa
Feb 1986 – Sept 1992
PRINCE2 – Foundation Certificate
City & Guilds – Communications
City & Guilds – Photography
Photoshop – Advanced Masterclass CertificatioN